Sunday 5 October 2014

Antarctica Unit Study and Links

We are really enjoying our Eastern Hemisphere study for Sonlight this year.  The kids enjoy doing their research.  I give them a lot of freedom about what projects they want to do for each country.  For example, my daughter is really into animals and has been making animal fact cards or writing animal reports for each country.  For Antarctica, my son is going to research about explorers that went to Antarctica.  The notebook pages for Antarctica are a little sparse so I did some searching and found this great link:

http://diyhomeschooler.com/antarctica-a-mini-unit/

There are lessons, websites, activities, lap books, and note booking pages.

It looks like they have a lot of other great ideas for other unit studies, so I'll be sure to go to that website again.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up with Finishing Strong! :D http://aspiredliving.net/2014/10/01/finishing-strong-13/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so glad I found your website. It is wonderful and I'm thankful for all the helpful information from other people homeschooling!

      Delete